Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society Guitar Rig and Equipment Setup Info
Zakk has used a ton of great gear throughout the years. Here are some of the pedals he’s most relied on..
Pedals used by Zakk Wylde Include..
– Dunlop MXR ZW-44 Dunlop Overdrive pedal
– Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature “Cry Baby” wah-wah pedal
– Dunlop MXR m-134 stereo chorus
– Dunlop MXR EVH Van Halen signature phase pedal
– BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive
– CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
– Dunlop Rotovibe – Dunlop also made a Zakk Wylde Signature Rotovibe
– MXR Black Label Chorus (Announced in 2009)
– MXR Wylde Phase pedal
– MXR EVH Flanger pedal
– Dunlop DC Brick
– MXR Carbon Copy pedal
During the recording of NRFTW the chorus used was a Yamaha SPX-90.
Before the boss ce5 was out he used a CH1 super chorus
Ozzy Years –
Zakk Wylde also used the Metaltronix M-1000 heads and 3 Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 preamps with a single Perfect Connection SP-1000 power amp. Both setups used the Metaltronix 4×12 cabs. And according to Lee Jackson himself, Zakk also used a Aphex Aural Exciter with the GP-1000 to color his tone a bit by adding a “huge bottom end”.
He switched to 6550-loaded JCM800‘s after the No Rest for the Wicked Tour.