Angus Young of AC/DC super simple guitar rig
Angus Young is a guitarist and songwriter who has been the lead guitarist of Australian hard rock band AC/DC since they formed in 1973. Angus Young is known for his signature vibrato, harsh bridge humbucker screaming Gibson SG’s, wild stage energy, and most importantly, his school boy clothing. He was ranked 96th on Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
Angus Young Photo Gallery
Angus Young’s Guitars
Angus mainly plays Gibson SG guitars. He has some signature models made by Gibson including the ebony Angus young SG and the Custom SG VOS
Sometimes seen with:
– Fender Telecasters
– Gibson Firebird
– Gibson ES-335
– Gibson has Angus Young humbucker pickups. Pop these into your guitar to get similar sound.
All equiped with:
– Ernie Ball Strings 10-46 gauge and 9-46 (super slinkys)
– Fender extra heavy picks (110 mm)
Angus’ amps n cabs
– Young’s amps have been plexi Marshalls: JTM45s, JTM50s, JMP50s and Superleads (plus a few Wizard amplifiers). His main amp is a JTM45, which he uses both live and in the studio.
– Marshall 4×12 Cabinets (model 1982 and 1960, mostly B models) with Celestion G12H 30 watt (on old recordings), Vintage 30s (on newer recordings) and G12M 25 watt speakers (on solos/overdubs on newer recordings.